ASHEVILLE BUNCOMBE COMMUNITY GARDEN NETWORK
The Asheville Buncombe Community Garden Network is coordinated by Bountiful Cities staff, connecting 30+ gardens through shared communications, meetups, garden workdays, workshops, volunteer recruitment, and resources. The goal of the network is the strengthen neighborhood-powered food initiatives through collaboration.
- Bi-monthly meetups: networking potlucks every other month featuring an educational workshop on requested garden topics.
- Tool library: a shared lending library featuring garden tools, garden education supplies, and event supplies
- Seed library: soon to come sharing seed library, where gardeners can check out open-pollinated seeds and return them the next season.
- Monthly newsletter full of tips, upcoming event, and other relevant information
- Shared financial development: the Garden Network coordinator organizes fundraising activities and pursues grant opportunities to benefit all network gardens
- Volunteer recruitment: the network serves as a portal for new community garden volunteers, matching volunteers with gardens based on skill, experience, availability, and need. See volunteer application below
- Connecting with food system initiatives: the Garden Network coordinator participates in collaborative initiatives such as the Asheville/Buncombe Food Policy Council and the Urban Agriculture Alliance.
In the News Mountain Xpress article